2nd Grade Teacher
Company: Texas Leadership Public Schools (Trinity Leadershi
Location: Cedar Hill
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*TEXAS LEADERSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS (Trinity Leadership)*
Job Title: Classroom Teacher
Reports To: Campus Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt/10 months
*GENERAL PURPOSE: *
Provides students with appropriate educational activities and
experiences that will enable them to fulfill their potential for
intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Help students
develop the skills necessary to be a productive member of
*PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
_The following duties __*ARE NOT*_ _intended to serve as a
comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this
classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties
and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform
all duties listed and may be required to perform additional,
position-specific duties. This employee may be required to work
with at-risk students._
- Design, write and use lesson plans that conform to the charters
curriculum. Ensure written plans are available for review.
- Ensure lesson plans show modifications for differences in student
- Teach instructional subjects according to guidelines established
by Texas Education Agency, charter policies and administrative
- Implement appropriate instructional and learning strategies,
activities, materials and equipment to ensure comprehension of
learning styles an student needs.
- Design instructional activities by using data from student
learning style assessments.
- Collaborate with special education teachers on student Individual
Education Plans to ensure all modifications are met.
- Collaborate with staff to determine charter requirement for the
instructional goals, objective and methods.
- Produce and oversee teacher aide and volunteer assignments.
- Employ technology practices to strengthen the instructional
*Growth and Development*
- Help students assess and enhance their study methods and
- Produce formal and informal testing to evaluate student
- Coordinate and manage extracurricular duties as assigned. Sponsor
outside activities approved by the charter principal.
- Serve as an example for students, support mission of charter.
*Classroom Management and Organization*
- Prepare classroom to enhance learning and to aid in physical,
social and emotional development of students.
- Control student behavior in agreement with the student
- Ensure necessary and reasonable measures are taken to protect
students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Provide input on book, equipment and material selection.
- Establish communication rapport with parents, students,
principals and teachers through conferences.
- Create and maintain a professional relationship with colleagues,
students, parents and community members
- Present information accurately through clear communication
- Enrich job skills through professional development
- Keep up to date on and abide by state and charter regulations and
policies for classroom teachers.
- Gather, manage and file all reports, records and other documents
- Be active in faculty meeting and assist in staff committees as
*SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Oversee assigned teacher aide.
*JOB RELATED CONDITIONS: *
- Maintain control in stressful situations.
- Extended hours may be required.
- Some lifting may be required
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Valid Texas Teacher Certification, strongly preferred
- Ability to successfully work with various classroom technology
All primary roles and major responsibilities are listed. Additional
duties and skills may be required for each job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $49,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
* Texas Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Texas Leadership Public Schools (Trinity Leadershi, Cedar Hill , 2nd Grade Teacher, Other , Cedar Hill, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!