Company: Laticrete International
Location: Cedar Hill
Posted on: November 25, 2022
First Shift - 8 (United States of America)
Are you looking for a new challenge? Passionate about innovation?
Want to work for a company that values integrity, teamwork and
At LATICRETE International we are driven to be a top ten
construction chemical company that still values family, diversity,
collaboration and invention. We've been in business for over 65
years, family owned/operated for three generations and are
available in 100 countries. In 2017, The Hartford Business Journal
named us one of Connecticut's Top Family Owned Companies!
We don't just make innovative, industry-leading products. We strive
to connect with, engage with and improve the lives of our
employees, our customers, our partners, and the global communities
in which we operate.
We are seeking passionate and ambitious employees who want to make
a difference not just within our organization, but within their
communities and the world. If that sounds like you, then what are
you waiting for? Join the family and expand your horizons!
Just some of our benefits:
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays in addition to paid vacation and sick
- Flexible spending
- Life Insurance, AD&D and Supplemental Insurance
At all of our facilities we are taking additional precautions with
temperature checks, deep cleaning, testing, and work from home
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as
1. Floor Supervision (35%):
- Review silo & raw materials levels ensuring we have the bulks
needed for the shift.
- Review production schedule and communicate with the Planner if
there are any issues or concerns.
- Walk the production lines ensuring employees have tools, work
orders and are wearing proper PPE.
2. Housekeeping (5%):
- Ensure proper housekeeping and maintenance of worksite -
Sweeping, vacuuming, removing packing materials/debris and
- Ensure dust collector drums are regularly emptied.
3. Staging and Shift Handoff (5%):
- Lead shift meeting.
- Ensure team has prepared materials for next shift to ensure
smooth transition and handoff with minimal downtime.
- Provide shift summary report that includes productivity,
downtime and quality concerns.
- At the end of shift, prepare and communicate via email shift
4. Quality Control (5%):
- Ensure team is utilizing raw materials that are not expired and
follow correct formulas.
- Collect samples for the QC team and based on results, adjust
batch as needed.
- Ensure final product is meeting quality specifications.
5. Equipment & Materials (5%):
- Escalate maintenance any equipment and materials needs,
shortages, failures, required repairs etc.
6. Leadership (25%):
- Attend cross functional meetings as Production
- Review and approve timecards and time off requests.
- Prioritize and allocate work:
- Delegate and allocate manageable goals to employees to support
company priorities and drive results.
- Clearly define to team-members project responsibilities and
performance expectations for long- and short-term work plans. Set
clear priorities for team and individuals, including appropriate
allocation of resources (time, money and people).
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit,
manage and develop plant staff.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to ensure maximum
productivity of the team:
- Training new team members on equipment and areas in the
- Able to assist supervisor with workload balancing and provide
direction to team.
- For shift without a supervisor they provide they are acting
- Floor level escalation for team questions.
- Promptly address performance concerns working with Human
Resources as needed to document and correct issues.
- Ensure team is up to date with all required trainings including
compliance and safety.
- Assess and Reward Performance:
- Provide team with timely, fair and measured performance
assessments and feedback to foster growth. Provide reward and
recognition for performance as appropriate.
- Address performance concerns and hold team accountable.
- Build Team Culture:
- Consistently hold employees accountable for upholding the
- Proactively manage unhealthy conflict among employees and take
steps to prevent escalation.
- Foster an open environment where employees feel able to provide
constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Communicate and Motivate:
- Communicate regular business updates.
- Convey information in a clear and timely manner.
- Listen carefully to the views and opinions of peers and
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- 5+ Years Plant experience.
- Able to utilize math to perform basic weights for
- Able to read and interpret directions and order details.
- Able to communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Proficient in all of the plant equipment or equivalent work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience utilizing ERP system (preferably JD Edwards).
- Proven ability to learn new computer skills and programs.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must pass pre-employment physical.
- Lift: Must be able to lift and/or carry a minimum of
- Push/Pull: Must be able to push/pull 50 pounds.
- Stand: Must be able to stand % of the day.
- Sitting: Must be able to sit % of the day.
- Twisting/Bending: Must be able to twist/bend % of the day.
- Squatting, Climbing and/or Crawling: Must be able to
squat/climb/crawl % of the day.
#LI-DS1 Associated topics: forklift, garden, manage, management,
manufacture, plant management, production management, prune, ship,
Keywords: Laticrete International, Cedar Hill , Production Supervisor, Other , Cedar Hill, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!