Principle Cloud Engineer - Fully Remote
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Cedar Hill
Posted on: November 11, 2021
This is a fully remote position, allowing you to work from
the comfort of your own home from anywhere in the US.
The successful candidate will be a key contributor to develop
key enablement capabilities on our cloud platform for our
stakeholders. They'll also be interacting with other technical
teams in an educational capacity to help teams not as familiar with
Cloud practices and services to learn and grow. This role is on a
dynamic, small, cross-functional team.
We're looking for:
- Strong DevOps skill set, more development experience than
- Plan, Architect, and communicate AWS infrastructure for a
- Python Development Experience
- 5 years of hands on development experience in AWS
environment, experience designing, executing
- Experience with In-structure-as-code highly
- AWS security concepts - IAM, KMS, VPC security
- CloudFormation/Terraform development
- Monitor performance and capacity metrics for technology
solutions while identifying and developing plans to address long
term trends or issues.
- Maintain and Operationally support Cloud Security
infrastructure across various providers such as Azure, GCP, AWS,
utilizing various cloud native tools such as Prisma Cloud, CASB,
DLP, Zscaler, Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection, and
- Any AWS Certification preferred
- AWS lambda/"serverless" development experience preferred
- JIRA, Agile experience preferred
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource
to management, clients and development staff in new uses of
information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem
development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT
technical and business domain process capabilities including
leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT
opportunities and business operations as it relates to application
development. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task
identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for
research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs
and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data
management, application architecture and business architecture.
Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on
The Principle Cloud Engineer is responsible for leadership,
facilitation, analysis and design tasks related to the development
of an enterprise technical architecture that applies across
Magellan cloud program.
- Develops guidelines for other software engineers that helps
them build and implement code that is scalable, stable and
- Acts as a hands-on software engineer who can write quality
code, assists with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble
shooting and coaching.
- Understands big picture from a business standpoint within the
context of the application.
- Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source
- Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Applies Design Thinking techniques on application design.
- Leads agile software development efforts as a Technical
- Coaches other software engineers on practices such as TDD, ATDD
and pair programming.
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers,
Micro-Services, Continuous Delivery and Continuous
integration, and guide the team to setup a DevOps environment for
the applications they build and support.
- Designs and develops highly scalable applications in AWS cloud
using tools like Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, SWF, ELB, Lambda,
S3, RDS/Dynamo DB and others.
- Reviews and takes actions based on application metrics,
including but not limited to code quality, business metrics and
- Creates load and performance testing strategy and perform
advanced performance tuning.
7+ years related experience including a minimum of 3+ years of
designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure software
Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Principle Cloud Engineer - Fully Remote
Work Experience - Required
Work Experience - Preferred
Education - Required
Education - Preferred
Bachelors - Computer and Information Science
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Cedar Hill , Principle Cloud Engineer - Fully Remote, Other , Cedar Hill, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!