Company: Central States Manufacturing
Location: Cedar Hill
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Follow all plant safety procedures and use all applicable
personal protective equipment (PPE). Hold other team members
accountable to follow all safety procedures.
- Operate all machinery required following safety guidelines;
machinery can include benders, rollformers, wrappers, slitters,
shears, forklifts, and other machines as assigned.
- Follow all setup procedures and work instructions as documented
in the Operations System.
- Complete all quality checks as documented; make adjustments and
re-produce product as needed to provide accurate and damage-free
product to the Customer.
- Complete all daily orders in assigned area.
- Meet or exceed area's goals including safety, productivity,
scrap, on-time delivery and accuracy.
- Perform daily operator preventive maintenance checks, as
- Report all machinery issues to Maintenance promptly.
- Clean and reset work area at the end of each shift, including
but not limited to sweeping the floor, placing items in the proper
storage area, stacking pallets, restocking packaging, and dumping
- Accurately update all records and visual tracking, whether
written or electronic (e.g., coil footage, cover sheets)
- Cross-train as directed and be willing to work at any
production position in the plant, on an as needed basis.
- Participate in monthly inventory.
- Complete all other tasks as required or assigned by the
immediate supervisor and/or upper management.
- Current CSMI Certification on Crane and Forklift (if
- Completion of all required training as documented in the CSMI
Technical Advancement Program for desired work task.
- Demonstrate Professional and Transversal competency levels as
documented in the CSMI Technical Advancement Program.
- Must be willing to master the ability to operate assigned task
and cross-train in at least two additional work tasks.
- Have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Be helpful, follow procedures, learn quickly, and be customer
and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated support of company goals, values and mission
- A continuous improvement mindset with ability to verbalize
ideas for process and work flow improvements
- Self-starter with High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read a tape measure, do basic mathematical
calculations and use a calculator.
- Ability to learn production operations.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 75
- Ability to twist, bend and reach to perform job duties.
- Ability to work while being exposed to outside weather
conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Follow procedures and utilize appropriate Personal Protective
- Ability to learn internal Enterprise Resource Planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Be willing to work various shifts.
Keywords: Central States Manufacturing, Cedar Hill , Production Tech, Other , Cedar Hill, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!