Company: Morada Cedar Hill
Location: Cedar Hill
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Discovery Senior Living is now the 9th largest senior
housing operator with the addition of our new division in Texas
Morada Senior Living. We have tremendous opportunities for
proven leaders to join in our success.
Morada Senior Living is looking for a Care/Medication
Technician to join our community.
The Care Giver/Med Tech role includes providing hands-on care,
physical and emotional support to each resident while maintaining a
safe and comfortable home-like environment.
- Responsible for a designated group of residents during the
shift; knows where their residents are and physically checks on
them throughout the shift.
- Observes, reports and documents symptoms and conditions of
residents for changes in condition such as skin, behavior,
alertness, weight, dietary and participation in activities.
- Responds to security system and resident call bells
- Notifies supervisor and/or Health Care Coordinator if a
resident has increased care needs.
- Assists with continence management and disposes of all
continence products properly to ensure sanitation of resident suite
and community restrooms.
- Serves and collects food trays and assists as needed; reports
refusal of meals or loss of appetite.
- Maintains cleanliness of residents room and work areas.
- Practices good standard care precautions of cleanliness,
hygiene and health.
- Helps residents maintain independence, promotes dignity and
physical safety of each resident.
- Actively participates/leads and assists residents with
activities of daily living (i.e. bathing, dressing, toileting,
grooming, ambulation, transferring, eating) as instructed.
- Engages residents in life skills and other life enrichment
- Greets and assists all internal and external customers, guests,
family members, residents, vendors and team members.
- Does resident laundry as assigned and needed.
Medication Tech duties:
- Reviews service plan to learn pertinent information about
- Assists/observes medications and treatments for each resident
using the medication observation record and the Six Rights of
- Documents and initials form as medications are given including
appropriate documentation for refusal or missed doses.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident information including
- Reports all resident concerns made while assisting resident
with the medication to the Nurse and/or Health Care Coordinator
- Restocks medication cart after all medication passes.
- Assists in checking medication regardless of packaging
- Counts all narcotics with another Medication Care Manager or
Nurse each shift.
- Maintains and cleans the Medication Room, med charts, treatment
carts for neatness cleanliness, availability of medications and
- Follows re-fill process for medications.
- Participates in the development of the Service Plan and monthly
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, weight, pulse
and respiration rates.
- Reports occupational exposures to blood, body fluids,
infectious materials, sharp sticks and hazardous chemicals
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Certified Nurses Aid certification preferred.
- High School diploma/GED
- Must be 18 years of age.
- CPR Certification preferred
- First Aid Certification preferred
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred.
- Must be available to work week-ends and holidays.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Morada
offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefits
package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability
insurances, paid time off, and paid holidays. Team members
are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with
company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident
Thank you for your interest in Morada Senior Living
careers. If you have any questions about the position you are
applying for, please contact the community
Keywords: Morada Cedar Hill, Cedar Hill , Med Tech, Other , Cedar Hill, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!