POSITION TYPE: Patient Care Technician (PCT)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dialysis
LOCATION: Cedar Hill
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Patient Care Technician, under the direction and supervision
of the Registered Nurse, assists with providing care and delegated
activities of treatment to patients with renal failure. This
position performs duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse and
To be a successful Patient Care Technician - PCT, you should be
able to rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, and
you will benefit from being creative, quick-thinking, and a good
• Obtain blood samples for laboratory analysis as required to
complete physician orders.
• Perform duties at all times under the supervision of a Charge
Nurse and within limitations established by and in accordance with
company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws
• Use appropriate safety measures including personal protective
equipment as necessary.
• Clean, disinfect, and rinse dialysis machines in accordance
with policy and procedures.
• Prepare machines for hemodialysis treatments.
• Obtain pre and post treatment weights of patients per
• Safely initiate and terminate dialysis treatments per center
protocol, and within scope of practice and as allowed by state
• Monitor patients during dialysis treatments.
• Mix acids and bicarbonate according to protocol.
• Complete water testing on dialysis machine at the beginning of
each treatment day and as directed by the Administrator.
Complete/document quality control logs throughout the day and after
all treatments, as required.
• Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service
and continuing education offerings in compliance with company
policy and procedure.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
Employee discount program
Excellent room for growth and advancement
Minimum of 1 year of recent experience as an RN in a clinical
Active RN license within the State of practice.
Current certifications (variable depending on the facility).
Must have a thorough knowledge of general nursing theory and
Teamwork along with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively
communicate both verbally and in writing to provide excellent