Full Time 6a-10p Double Weekend Charge Nurse (LVN/RN) -Crestview Court
Company: Cantex Continuing Care Network
Location: Cedar Hill
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Crestview Court - Cedar Hill, TX
Please apply here.
2pm-10pm Shift differential
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Cantex. We are
committed to a culture that respects our differences and values the
contributions of all people.
Please visit cantexcc.com for more information on this
The primary purpose of the Charge Nurse (LPN/LVN) position is to
participate in and oversee the provision of patient care as
prescribed by the attending physician, consistent with accepted
standards of care and within the scope of LPN/LVN training and
licensure. This position will be responsible to provide care
directly to the Patient and/or supervise the direction of this care
by a Certified Nursing Assistant to ensure that the highest
practical well-being is maintained by the Patient.
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing School and a current and
valid license in the applicable State.
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience in a long-term or
health care setting is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Observes, assesses, and reports Patient conditions/changes and
documents in accordance with Cantex Continuing Care Networks
Clinical Policies & Procedures and state/federal guidelines and
- Provides necessary documentation in the EMR of all information
relevant to patient assessment, evaluation, change of condition, in
accordance to nursing practices.
- Consults with RN and/or Nurse Managers regarding changes in
- Receives, transcribes, and executes physicians' orders using
secured and encrypted communication channels in accordance with
- Ensures implementation of care plans as directed and
administers medications and treatments as prescribed.
- Participates in assigning duties and ensures the delivery of
appropriate clinical care by the CNA staff.
- Ensures that each Patient's accident or incident is fully
documented and reported in accordance with Cantex Continuing Care
Networks Clinical Policies and Procedures and state/federal
guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to function as a Team Leader/Role Model.
- Identifies and secures equipment and supplies including but not
limited to med carts, laptop, mobile devices and ensures they
remain charged at all times.
- Assists in the evaluation and occasional discipline/counsel of
- Ensures a safe environment for patient population.
- Ensures that each Patient's attending physician and family or
responsible party is promptly notified of any significant change in
the Patient's health condition.
- Maintains appropriate quality assurance logs for blood
glucometer machines and any other equipment necessary for the
delivery of quality nursing care.
- Ensures Patient Care Management Systems are routinely
in-serviced and incorporated into the delivery of patient
- Has reviewed Cantex Continuing Care Networks Clinical Policies
and Procedures for Abuse Prevention and knows the employee's
responsibility to enforce it.
- Responsible for assuring patient/resident safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
We are an Equal opportunity employer; We offer an excellent benefit
plan to include 401K with match, CEU reimbursement, vacation, sick,
holidays, medical, dental, and supplemental insurance Plans as well
as a Highly competitive compensation package.
Keywords: Cantex Continuing Care Network, Cedar Hill , Full Time 6a-10p Double Weekend Charge Nurse (LVN/RN) -Crestview Court, Healthcare , Cedar Hill, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!