Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - Urgent Care
Company: Nextcare, Inc
Location: Cedar Hill
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Physician Assistant or Nurse PractitionerNextCare
NextCare strives to be the leader in high access healthcare,
offering urgent care, occupational health, virtual health and
primary care services to our patients. With offering services in
twelve states (Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, New
Mexico, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia and
Wyoming) and over 170 urgent care clinic locations, we offer
exceptional, affordable care to patients across the country.
At NextCare, we constantly strive to provide you with the highest
degree of caring, growth, integrity, results and teamwork. These
essential core values form the foundation of our relationships with
patients, customers, investors, partners and one another.
Extraordinarily high-performance standards serve as critical guides
for making important clinical and business decisions. The
expression of these standards is evident in our behavior, our
attitude, and our approach to our daily work. The product of our
strict adherence to core values is the ability to harness
tremendous organizational energy to achieve our goal of upholding
the highest standard for quality and service within the high access
healthcare. This unique combination of values, performance
standards and commitment serves as the key to our success.
What we are looking for
NextCare Urgent Care is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to provide medical care
to urgent care patients.
To join our Provider team in Cedar Hill, TX
The hours for this facility are 8:00a.m. to 8:00p.m. Monday Friday
and 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Saturday and Sunday. In most cases the
work schedule will require working 12 hour shifts, rotating
weekends and occasional holidays.
The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner is responsible for
* Evaluating and treating patients in accordance with clinical best
practices for an urgent care and/or occupational health
* Providing compassionate and respectful patient care consistent
with NextCare services, values and mission statement.
* Treating all patients who present to the clinic appropriately and
discuss the treatment plan with the patient ensuring there is a
clear understanding of the next steps.
* Documenting care utilizing the electronic documentation
* Taking personal responsibility for appropriately coding and
billing for care rendered.
* Delivering exemplary care and act in a legal and ethical
* Maintaining clinical productivity consistent with peers and
industry standards for a similar setting.
* Follow up on patient care as indicated.
How you will make an impact
The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner supports the
organization by providing exemplary patient care thereby creating
valuable relationships within the community to contribute to the
continued success of NextCare.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
* Active and unrestricted Texas medical license
* Active D.E.A.
* NCCPA certification for a Physician Assistant or an ANCC or AANP
certification for a Nurse Practitioner
* Nurse Practitioners must be permitted to treat all age groups,
from infant to geriatric, as per their board specialty, such as
Family Nurse Practitioner
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant studies or
Masters of Nursing degree in Nurse Practitioner studies
* Active BLS Certification
* Must be comfortable with all age groups
* EHR proficient
* DOT Certification is required. If you are not currently
certified, we will register you for the training at no cost to
* Must be able to work occasional weekends and holidays, the amount
of these shifts will depend on facility you are assigned to
Valued But Not Required Education, Experience and Skills:
* Experience with initial x-ray interpretation prior to over-read
from the Radiologist
* For a Physician Assistant - Masters Degree in Physician Assistant
* Previous experience in an urgent care, ER fast- track or
full-service walk in medical clinic.
NextCare offers full time employees medical, health savings
account, NextCare employee visit program, dental, vision, basic
life, voluntary employee/spouse/child life, long term disability,
short term disability, employee assistance program, critical
illness, accident, legal, identity theft and paid time off
benefits. Employees of all statuses are offered 401(k) Plan
benefits. Employees in select positions are offered shift
differential benefits. Benefits are offered per policy and plan
Equal Opportunity Statement
NextCare Urgent Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Nextcare, Inc, Cedar Hill , Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - Urgent Care, Healthcare , Cedar Hill, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!